Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Follicle Times

Let me introduce Follicle Times. In this segment I will discuss hair matters. I really don't take an active role in caring for my hair. My hair is fairly long and I really like it. However, I don't show my hair as much love as I really should. So now I'm in search of healthy, thicker and even longer hair. Right now I am relaxed. I only relax my hair around 3 to 4 times per year. I don't have much of a regimen at this time but I have learned it's very important to build one. This week I washed and air dried my hair. I'm trying some new things I haven't before and testing the results. I've been researching this for quite some time and I promise to try and explain some of the popular hair lingo as I go. If something isn't clear, please ask. If I don't know the answer I know exactly where to go to find it. This is going to be a fairly long post with tons of pictures so hang in there with me. Ok here we go

This is my hair at a little over 8 weeks post relaxer (8 weeks since my last perm). As you can probably see, my ends are severely damaged.



        I went into my cupboard and whipped out all the products I've held on to. If I still have it then I liked it and it had to work well previously.




This time I decided to do a DC (deep conditioning treatment). I'll be doing a separate review for each of the products I used this time in a separate post later this week. I used the Nexxus phyto organics Theratin extreme moisture shampoo and the Profectiv deep strengthening deep conditioner. I sat under the hair dryer with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes or so.
Here is my hair wet after the DC

I use these products after the washing and conditioning are finished.














     For air drying, I wrap the front of my hair to make it flat and leave the rest out.















This is it all dried.


Everything all dry

Things to look forward to from Follicle Times
Product Reviews
Hair progress updates
Instructional videos (when I figure stuff out)

Update: Sorry about the formatting of this post. Still getting used to blogger. I promise this will improve with time.- Jan-NiNI

0 comments:

Post a Comment