Saturday, October 3, 2009

Challange: Save on Lunch . Who's with me?













I love eating out. I like trying new restaurants and trying my favorite foods prepared differently. I cook every once in a blue moon when I get the urge or if it's requested of me. Going out to eat everyday for lunch is becoming quite costly and becoming an unnecessary expense at this point. So this week "Save Challenge" is going to be on takeout. No more Chinese or Pollo Tropical etc. I probably spend about $40 or more weekly on lunch. That $120 per month!! That's insane. I could be saving that money to take maybe a mini vacation or just plain saving it. So for this week starting on Monday, in addition to normal posting I'll be posting about what I cooked and how much I've saved by not eating out. At the end of the week I'll deposit that amount into my savings account. Feel free to join in and share your savings as well.

4 comments:

  1. I had to stop buying lunch out when I realized how many extra calories I was taking in, versus packing my own lunches every day. Now, I allow myself one eat out day (Friday) per week - it feels much more like a treat and I enjoy it much more.

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right. Maybe that's something I'll do at the end of this week, go out to eat as a treat. HMMMMM getting excited just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lady that a lot of money. I eat off the dollar menu at Taco Bell. I try not to spend more then $6 for lunch each week, if that. Yep, time to start packing your lunch. I know I'll be doing that this week cause I splurge and bought a huge chef salad for $6.00 today so I gotta bring my lunch for the rest of the week to justify that $6 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't always this bad. It just got out of hand in recent weeks. I would be ordering take out from restaurants etc. Maybe I'll lose some weight after all this. Saving money and losing weight? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete